Water Breaks with Two Pops? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-09-2011, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

With DS's 1st bday in 2 days, I need to finally ask a question I keep wondering about. When I went into labor with him at full term, my water broke before starting to have real, noticeable contractions. It was 6am and I had just woken up to pee and got back in bed. I felt 2 distinct pops right after another. I got up and made it back to the toilet back in time before my water started flowing out.

So, what's up with the TWO pops? Is this common? Is it the amniotic sac breaking breaking in two places? Or are there two layers or something that broke? I've wondering about this for almost a year now. 

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

#2 of 3 Old 06-09-2011, 04:30 PM

My water definitely broke at home (distinct pop, gush, and positive AF test at hossy) and then later, when they wanted to insert an internal monitor, they broke my water again putting it in--bigger gush. The mw said sometimes there's a forebag that breaks--so maybe you had one of those and then your "big" bag broke right afterwards? Your bag can also reseal, but I guess that's not what happened in your case.

#3 of 3 Old 06-09-2011, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. It could be a forebag type thing. I was thinking maybe there were different layers thin membranes. But yeah, it definitely didn't reseal. Both pops were within a second or two. 

SAHM to DD1 9/18/08 DS 6/11/10 DD2 6/21/12 nocirc.gifcd.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page