Great Mom gifts for yourself for giving birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-09-2011, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I had my first (unassisted HB), I went shopping a couple of weeks PP and bought myself a bunch of brand new fancy underwear which just happens to be my "thing." I cannot tell you how getting new underwear made me feel. We were extremely poor and I hadn't had new underwear in many years and mine were falling apart (literally!) so it was a nice treat for doing a good job. Having my daughter was more than enough reward, but the little extra really helped me get through those early months and feel good about myself.

Whether home birth, hospital birth, natural, drugs, cesarean or emergency care, do you get yourself a special gift or gifts to reward yourself for just being awesome? I'm planning on having another and I'd like to do something corny and get myself a few things that I can open up and enjoy after having the baby.

What are your ideas? I have a few:

-new book I've been itching to read

-more new panties

-a special piece of jewelry

-that new flavor of caffiene-free tea I've been wanting to try

-some chocolates

-expensive body lotion

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#2 of 4 Old 07-10-2011, 05:16 PM

I mentioned to DH a couple years ago that the next time he felt the need to get me an extravagent gift, I wanted a pyrrha necklace. 

http://www.pyrrha.com/shop/product/id/50/noahs-ark

It's been awhile since I've browsed the site, so I may pick a different seal, but the Noah's ark one is the one that caught my heart years ago. I struggled with depression during high school, as did DH, and the beginning of our relationship was also rough. The writing on this particular seal says "good times follow the rain". It just seemed so... hopeful and perfect to me. 

Of course that said... with my $500 stroller, and $400 rocker, and $300 crib... I might not do a big splurge gift... it might be a small gift, like some fudge. lol. But for now I'm dreaming. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#3 of 4 Old 07-10-2011, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Oooh! That is pretty! And what a great inspirational quote! Especially for birth. (and not to sound depressing, but it seems it would also be appropriate in the sad case of birth loss.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

I mentioned to DH a couple years ago that the next time he felt the need to get me an extravagent gift, I wanted a pyrrha necklace. 

http://www.pyrrha.com/shop/product/id/50/noahs-ark

It's been awhile since I've browsed the site, so I may pick a different seal, but the Noah's ark one is the one that caught my heart years ago. I struggled with depression during high school, as did DH, and the beginning of our relationship was also rough. The writing on this particular seal says "good times follow the rain". It just seemed so... hopeful and perfect to me. 

Of course that said... with my $500 stroller, and $400 rocker, and $300 crib... I might not do a big splurge gift... it might be a small gift, like some fudge. lol. But for now I'm dreaming. 

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
#4 of 4 Old 07-10-2011, 05:31 PM

I know, it's been in my heart since the first day I saw it, and though I haven't been able to bring myself to spend the money on it, I open up the page once a month or so and gaze longingly at it. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page