Still Sore 3 years after episiotomy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-10-2011, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son was born 3 years ago and i still have discomfort in my scar tissue from my episiotomy, if i apply pressure it hurts, sex is usually painful and for a few days afterwards also sometimes during my first pee of the day. i am just wondering if this is at all normal? has anyone experienced the same thing? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-11-2011, 02:00 AM

#3 of 5 Old 07-11-2011, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

No i Have never discussed it with him or my family doctor. BUT i have had these symptoms for a while and thought it was a urinary track infection or a yeast infection but he said i didnt have either of those, then i one day added a little pressure to the scar and realized it had been that the whole time. i currently dont have a family doctor and its not something i really feel comfortable discussing with a walk in doctor.

#4 of 5 Old 07-11-2011, 11:31 AM

Have a friend who's an OB/GYN.  She says she treats this all the time.  They can prescribe some numbing creams to help w/ pain and can show you some self-massage techniques to try and break up the scar tissue over time.  The numbing is good in the short term b/c it can help you break that sex/pain link that is probably in your mind, and can prevent you from being interested in sex.  Also, can make the self-massage more effective b/c it doesn't hurt so much.  I think there are some other things too, but I'd see a GYN for this.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#5 of 5 Old 08-09-2011, 12:22 PM

I have the same pain going on 4 years now.  Although it is getting better it still hurts if I sit for long periods of time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page