Gift for midwife - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-13-2011, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can anyone recommend nice gift ideas for my midwife and her assistants? Thanks!

One idea I had was a nice bright flashlight. I figure you can always use an extra. Can any midwives recommend their favorite flashlight? Or maybe this is not a good idea?

#2 of 10 Old 07-13-2011, 07:04 PM

Something personal or for self care.  A  gift certificate for a massage, gift card to a nice boutique, a midwifery themed piece of jewelry, gift basket with chocolates and fancy foods, bottle of wine.  (Depending on her tastes of course.)  Getting a flashlight from a client would be like getting a vacuum cleaner for mother's day.

#3 of 10 Old 07-15-2011, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So many things are nice :) Soaps, candles, jewelery, ornaments for a tree, coffee or tea, a nice travel mug, gift cards (especially for eating out or doing fun things), etc. It doesn't have to be birth related.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#4 of 10 Old 07-15-2011, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Oh and if you want to get a flashlight, I really prefer the LED kind that don't have a dead spot in the middle.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#5 of 10 Old 07-15-2011, 08:30 AM

Massage, pedicure, or a nice picture from your birth(actual birth, baby, family baby with midwife etc. ) to put on her wall.

Homeschooling, midwifery mom to 4 beautiful blessings(8,6,4,1)

#6 of 10 Old 07-22-2011, 04:21 PM

I have received some really awesome gifts. A totally submersible LED flashlight was one of them. :)

#7 of 10 Old 07-22-2011, 04:22 PM

Also......my favorite gift ever would be a gift certificate for a massage if that fits in the budget.

#8 of 10 Old 07-22-2011, 07:56 PM

I am planning on getting my MW gift certificates for a night out with her DH.  She's told me about her favourite restaurant and small theater.  I also plan to get a fruit arrangement for the entire clinic - about 10 MW plus the staff and their students.  I like the idea of a gift certificate for a spa or treatment.

It's so hard to find something purposeful and meaningful.

Melissa - Happy mommy to blahblah.gif Mitchell - 9lbs 1oz, 01-14-2007; and babyf.gifDylan - 10lbs 6oz, 07-25-2011

Happily married to Jeff since 09-24-2005

bfinfant.gif  hang.gif  cd.gif

#9 of 10 Old 07-23-2011, 10:39 PM

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom

Here's What I did For My Midwife and Doula:

Pendants and Starbucks Coffee Cups you can design Yourself, Sorry the pic is sideways, There isn't a way to rotate!?

IMG_6284.JPGIMG_6287.JPG

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#10 of 10 Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 PM

I really enjoy handwritten cards.

I have enjoyed receiving massage certificates, warm socks, and earrings. Oh, starbucks gift card. And a Coke T-shirt, as I'm seldom far from my diet coke. orngbiggrin.gif

I really like my bitty mag-light - it's as strong as a big one, but runs on AA's b/c it's LED. Or I have a headlamp I love - the vag light, for suturing. It's sold as a moutaineering light, goes around my forehead.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page