Slight dizziness post partum - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-13-2011, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

Although it has been 25 months since my daughter's birth there is something that started kind of after delivery , hence I am terming it post-partum dizziness. Has anyone experienced it? It feels like the slightest spell (not even  spell, a small moment) of dizziness at random times , sometimes when I suddenly get up , sing a song aloud to my daughter , exert myself etc. I spoke with my sister and she said she noticed the same thing after the delivery of my niece and it has been 6 yrs since for her....

Any insights? Why does this happen?

Thanks

#2 of 5 Old 07-14-2011, 01:23 PM

Could be unrelated.  What's your diet like?  If you don't eat much red meat, have you gotten your iron levels checked recently?  Does your blood pressure run low?  Wondering if this is dizziness like a head rush, or more of a vestibular thing?  If you close your eyes can you keep your balance during one of these spells? 

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#3 of 5 Old 07-14-2011, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Did not get my iron levels checked recently. it is on the cards (like in a week). I do tend towards slight anemia all the time. Even though I eat some red meat (lamb) and a decent amount of spinach.

My blood pressure is always low (was low even during pregnancy).

The dizziness is more like a slight head rush. I don't lose balance, nor does the room spin nor do I feel a black-out coming on. But there is definitely a slight dizziness.

#4 of 5 Old 07-14-2011, 07:30 PM

I have had this with all three of my babies.  It even turned to full blown vertigo a couple of times with the last two.  It always seemed to come on either during or right after nursing, and when I googled it I found lots and lots of women having the same experience, but very little information about it. For me, it seems to pass when the nursing slows down, at around a year.

Wife to Joe and Mama to Rosie, 6/28/06, Jack, 10/25/08 and JoJo 3/18/10.
#5 of 5 Old 07-15-2011, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mine isn't nursing related. That much I am sure of....

And my sis stopped nursing when my niece was 1 yr old.... It has been 5 yrs. since for her....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page