Research into postpartum hemorrhage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 07-21-2011, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking to find some high quality scientific research about postpartum hemorrhage.  I had a postpartum hemorrhage after the birth of my son due to retained placenta fragments.  I want to have a home birth this time, and at first my midwife indicated that would be fine, but she seems to be changing her mind.  I have several questions, but want research to back it up.  Mainly:

-How likely is it that this will happen again?  

-What can we do to prevent it?

-Comparison of active management of 3rd stage vs. not.

I must admit that I'm hoping to convince my MW it would be okay, but at the same time if the research convinces me the hospital is safer, than I suppose it's been worthwhile digging into it.  I would like to leave things alone a lot more than I did with my first birth (AROM, cord traction, coached pushing) and wonder if that would help.  

Any resources you can point me towards will be great!  Thanks a lot!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page