Postpartum Vagina...... Who is she???? Warning, graphic... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-22-2011, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 14 months postpartum and I'm worried......  She's different, real different.....  I noticed at 6 weeks that there was a lot of extra tissue on show.  My clitoris is much higher, opening much bigger but instead of their being a hole or opening, there's tissue. And it's still the same... I don't think it's my cervix because I can put my fingers inside and there's a long way to go.  That wouldn't be the case if my cervix was hanging down.  The tissue is moveable.  As in I can push it back up and it makes me feel kind of crampy.  Is this just muscle?  My bladder?  I've also noticed that since having my son I always feel a little bit of pressure in my crotch.  And my anus seems to be lower, or more out.......  Sorry, I know this is a lot of info but I'm starting to get worried.  I've been to two check ups and my MW said everything looks fine, but I don't feel fine.  Is this just my new postpartum vagina or is something actually not right?  Anyone BTDT?  Advice? 

After checking out extensive photos I think what I'm seeing is my urethra.  But before the baby I never saw it.  It was so close to my clitoris.  Now, they're miles apart.  What in the world???  And what about the pressure?  Should I be going to PT?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-22-2011, 06:46 PM

It sounds like you might have some weakness in your pelvic floor, and maybe a little prolapse to boot. If I were you, I would get a second opinion since it doesn't sound like things are quite like they should be.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#3 of 4 Old 07-22-2011, 08:02 PM

I agree with PP.  I would also get a second opinion.  It may very well be the new you as childbirth does change things; but it can't hurt to have someone else check things out.  

Did you have a difficult delivery?  Are you doing kegals?

Melissa - Happy mommy to blahblah.gif Mitchell - 9lbs 1oz, 01-14-2007; and babyf.gifDylan - 10lbs 6oz, 07-25-2011

Happily married to Jeff since 09-24-2005

bfinfant.gif  hang.gif  cd.gif

#4 of 4 Old 07-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Banned

definitely seek help if you think you need it.

my vagina was really different, too -- still is -- and took 14 months just to feel close to normal. mine sorta "leans to the left" a bit now. LOL that's not actual at all, that's just what it feels like. It's totally normal now.

but all this talk before i gave birth about "felt normal after 6 weeks!!" is "lies all lies!" LOL not really. i'm sure for some wmen everything is normal after 6 weeks. but i wasn't normal for 14 months, so -- this is for those moms who get reallyfreaked out like me going "what is going on? it's been like, 9 whole weeks!" LOL ;)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page