anyone in TN refused the Newborn screen- NOT a debate on whether or not to do it - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-14-2011, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am looking for anyone who has refused the newborn screen in TN and what the steps were.  I can't find a whole lot of info on anyone refusing it. 

I am VERY well educated on  the risk and benefits of having this test done.  I am a Nsy nurse so I know the risk and benefits.  I am planning to have what test I want done completed thru a private lab to where I will pay cash. 

I just have never had a patient refuse the test and I'm not sure what will happen with the state contacting me if I do just wondering if anyone else has experience with this.  The doctor who will be delivering me is okay with me refusing the screening and just having selected test done.

You can private message me if you like. 

Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 08-14-2011, 04:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Just wanted to say cool you are looking at doing this. We almost did the same thing but ran out of time. In Canada they keep results on hand for research and dna matches until the child is 18. We didn't like that either.

#3 of 3 Old 08-15-2011, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You might want to x-post this in the TN Tribe, to get responses from TN mamas specifically.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page