anyone in TN refused the Newborn screen- NOT a debate on whether or not to do it - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2011, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am looking for anyone who has refused the newborn screen in TN and what the steps were.  I can't find a whole lot of info on anyone refusing it. 

I am VERY well educated on  the risk and benefits of having this test done.  I am a Nsy nurse so I know the risk and benefits.  I am planning to have what test I want done completed thru a private lab to where I will pay cash. 

I just have never had a patient refuse the test and I'm not sure what will happen with the state contacting me if I do just wondering if anyone else has experience with this.  The doctor who will be delivering me is okay with me refusing the screening and just having selected test done.

You can private message me if you like. 

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

Just wanted to say cool you are looking at doing this. We almost did the same thing but ran out of time. In Canada they keep results on hand for research and dna matches until the child is 18. We didn't like that either.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You might want to x-post this in the TN Tribe, to get responses from TN mamas specifically.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

User Tag List