What is going on?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-19-2011, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 5 weeks post partum & i have developed in the past week(after having sex for the first time pp) symptoms of urethral and/or uterine prolapse. but i have also noticed something a lot weirder-for about the same amount of time(about a week) i have been feeling a 'crawling' sensation in my right leg at the bottom front of the ankle, and also once in my foot on top. it feels like a spider/bug crawling on me, i freak out, look down to swat it, and its not there. there nothing there, ever, so i am just feeling this sensation like something crawling on me, in a small area, for about 20sec. a few times a day and i dont know why. i was worried about blood clots or something but my dh said that is what it felt like in his leg when he had a herniated disk except stronger. so i thought hmm maybe if something is weak and caused a prolapse then maybe a disk could be out of place or something and squishing a nerve??? im not on any birth control yet though i am prescribed the mini pill & will be starting it in one week(at 6wks pp) so i dont suppose it is a blood thing, and is probably a nerve thing, but why and could that have anything to do w/ the possible prolapse(s)?? if anyone has experienced this crawly feeling please let me know what it could be and what to do about it.

#2 of 3 Old 08-19-2011, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

I'm 38 weeks pregnant right now, and get the crawly feelings sometimes.. it's just pressure on a nerve for me. For some people it passes after birth, for others it never goes away. You could ask at a pp visit if you are still having them.

Be cautious with the pill if you are breastfeeding.. I have ready so many stories of people that completely lost their milk after starting on the pill again.

Hope you feel better soon.

#3 of 3 Old 08-20-2011, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

its the progestin only pill, not w/ estrogen

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page