Has anyone had more than one posterior birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-09-2004, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
#1 was posterior and was born after a 38-hour labor. I didn't even push her out myself, but the doctor managed to yank her out face-up. I didn't want her turned if she didn't want to be that way.

Right now #2 is posterior. I'm only 33 weeks, but if this baby doesn't want to turn, is there any chance I will have a shorter labor than last time? Or are all posterior labors long?

I'm fine with another long labor if there is any way I can prevent myself from getting so exhausted too soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2004, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My personal experience - Both of my babies have been posterior up until right before birth, but both labors have been fast dilation with a couple hours of pushing (6 hours total labor for #1 and 4 hrs for #2). I do not really feel back labor though. I think it has to do with how my pelvis is shaped. I get adjusted regularly throughout pregnancy and do tons of pelvic rocks also so that may help. Chiropractic has been shown to make for shorter easier labors.
Sending good labor vibes your way mama! save your energy and don't forget to eat and drink!!!!

Larissa, mom to my 3 girls (07/10), (05/02), and (09/98)
Old 04-10-2004, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't even think that position at this stage is any indication of position with labor. It seems like early labor contractions help to turn alot of babies into a more "favorable" position.

I had a client who her first, which was a homebirth transport, vacuum extractor posterior vaginal birth.

Her second labor was MUCH shorter, but alot of back pain, fast dilation for a posterior and baby birthed posterior after being in a squat for 12 minutes.

I think some babies need to navigate through a pelvis that puts them more at risk to be posterior, but I don't even start talking about doing things to actively turn them until around 37-38 weeks.

User Tag List