Can anyone recommend a hypnobirthing book/CD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-05-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi,

My DS (4) was born at 29 weeks by emergency c-section.

My DD was born by VBAC at 32 weeks, but sadly died in nicu after a long fight.

I am now pregnant with my rainbow baby, early days yet, but thinking ahead to the birth, and feel that hypnobirthing might help me cope emotionally (this pregnancy is emotional obviously after our loss and i'm sure the birth will most likely be emotional too)

I have looked into classes in our area, but they are just too expensive for us, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a book/CD that I could get that may be useful (and much more affordable)

Thank you xx

Me and hubby, plus ds 6, angel dd, little mc angels and finally our little rainbow baby, 30 weeker miracle.
#2 of 7 Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you looked into the Hypnobabies Home Study program?  I used it and had a really incredible birth.  It was such an amazing experience that I became a Hypnobabies instructor.  You can find a link to the home study program here: http://www.amazon.com/Hypnobabies-Study-Course-Expectant-Mothers/dp/B001I8E5TK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317875728&sr=8-1  You do have to commit yourself to following the instructions and practicing every day but if you do that I think you will be very happy with the results.  Let me know if you have any other questions about the program!

Me & DH 38 y/o with 5 y/o & 2 y/o boys.

Labor & Delivery nurse and Hypnobabies instructor.

#3 of 7 Old 10-05-2011, 09:46 PM

Birth Without Fear and Gentle Birth Choices would be 2 i would recommend.

Aspiring Midwife applying to University for fall 2011!
#4 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the hypnobabies link, that looks great and I like that it has something for the birth partner too. My husband wasn't with me at our daughters birth, and absolutely wants to be with me this time, so anything that might help him too is great.

Thank you for the book recommendations too, I will have a look on amazon and see what might be most useful for us.

I think in our case, its not so much the physical pain we're anxious about, but more the emotional side of things, but I think being in a relaxed state through hypnosis could help? 

Off to see the midwife today, so maybe she might also have some ideas or support x

Me and hubby, plus ds 6, angel dd, little mc angels and finally our little rainbow baby, 30 weeker miracle.
#5 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 10:10 AM

sorry I must have totally missed the "hypnobirthing" in the title of the thread.. lol!

Aspiring Midwife applying to University for fall 2011!
#6 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 12:40 PM

Hi!

Absolutely Hypnobabies can help a lot with the emotional side of things.  That is a HUGE part of giving birth!  With the home study course your birth partner can be as involved as you would like him to be.  He will learn special hypnosis cues that will keep you calm and centered during your birth.  You will also learn to do a "fear cleansing" hypnosis session that allows you to move past any issues that are worrying you.  It is a wonderful tool.

Good luck!

Me & DH 38 y/o with 5 y/o & 2 y/o boys.

Labor & Delivery nurse and Hypnobabies instructor.

#7 of 7 Old 10-07-2011, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you both so much, and thats fine those books look very useful too - anything that might help i'm willing to try :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page