Looking for good Natural Birth videos in the hospital - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-10-2011, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So apparently DH doesn't see the point in watching homebirth videos since "it's not going to be like that anyways". And we're at a standstill, but I want him to watch more videos to be used to it, and have ideas for positions and what it's going to be like. I think deep down he still expects that labor is going to come and it's going to turn into something out of a soap opera with me screaming and shrieking and begging for drugs, and swearing at him to get away from him. sigh. 

So I need help-- good videos for hospital births? Even if they're semi-medicated, as long as they show a mama-and-baby-centered birth. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#2 of 5 Old 10-11-2011, 04:45 AM

Penny simkins 3r's (relaxation, rhythm, ritual) is mainly in hospital.

Mama to bftoddler.gifand belly.gif

#3 of 5 Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM

Here are the links to some clips from moms having natural hospital births using Hypnobabies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA1G6yW0Ecw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQc06TN3vcI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OA7Y_DnC_kA

Unfortunately there aren't too many videos of natural births in the hospital.  Probably because a lot of hospitals won't let you video tape.  HTH!

Me & DH 38 y/o with 5 y/o & 2 y/o boys.

Labor & Delivery nurse and Hypnobabies instructor.

#4 of 5 Old 10-11-2011, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypRN View Post

Unfortunately there aren't too many videos of natural births in the hospital.  Probably because a lot of hospitals won't let you video tape.  HTH!

I know! That's what I told him, but I figured if anyone can find them, it'll be MDC mamas!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#5 of 5 Old 10-16-2011, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This one is my favorite all time video and it happens to be at a hospital (at least that's what it looks like to me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ED2l4yMpO4

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page