Mothering Forum banner

How Can I Help?

399 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  HappyHappyMommy 
#1 ·
My sister in law is going to give birth soon, to her 3rd child, she's had c-sections with her first two (as is standard after the first in America) It's been 13 years since her last birth. Her mother just passed away, so you can imagine how she's feeling. I am a bit worried about the c-section, but I don't want to focus on what can go wrong. Hoping for her happiness, for her to heal quickly, and for both of them to be healthy. My question is, what can we do around the house to help her? How can we help her heal? Anything you got, let me know!

#3 ·
I think the best way to help someone is to ask her what she would find helpful! If she's not sure, you can offer her different things and see what sounds best to her. Her needs may change from what she envisions now, so also reminding her that it's ok to let you know if what you're doing isn't helpful is often a wonderful gift. Wishing your SIL a happy birth!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.