How Can I Help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-31-2011, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My sister in law is going to give birth soon, to her 3rd child, she's had c-sections with her first two (as is standard after the first in America) It's been 13 years since her last birth. Her mother just passed away, so you can imagine how she's feeling. I am a bit worried about the c-section, but I don't want to focus on what can go wrong. Hoping for her happiness, for her to heal quickly, and for both of them to be healthy. My question is, what can we do around the house to help her? How can we help her heal? Anything you got, let me know! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well aside from the usual cooking and cleaning and keeping her off her feet, I know that those herbal bath mixtures for perineal healing after birth also help incisions. So does lots of Vitamin C and fluids.

Edit: Oh yes, and arnica (ointment or infusion/ poultice)

Old 11-04-2011, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

I think the best way to help someone is to ask her what she would find helpful! If she's not sure, you can offer her different things and see what sounds best to her. Her needs may change from what she envisions now, so also reminding her that it's ok to let you know if what you're doing isn't helpful is often a wonderful gift. Wishing your SIL a happy birth!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

User Tag List