Phantom flutters? - Mothering Forums
Birth and Beyond > Phantom flutters?
mamapigeon's Avatar mamapigeon 10:33 AM 11-03-2011

I keep feeling fluttering in my uterus, like early baby movement, but I am not pregnant. I wonder how normal this is postpartum and if it means my uterus is preparing for a period? Anyone else feel this?

TiredX2's Avatar TiredX2 09:47 AM 11-04-2011

I don't know how "normal" it is, but I know I've had it for years.  I think, probably, that there are just a lot of movements that you got in tune with while pregnant so once you've learned to recognize them you keep noticing them.  I haven't been pregnant for over 10 years and every once in a while I will still get something that feels like baby movement.  Of course, it's always in a place where it would be at least 2nd trimester movement, so I *know* that's not what it is!

I think it is pretty common, though.  I've heard many people joke about it!

mamapigeon's Avatar mamapigeon 11:52 AM 11-04-2011

Thanks for replying! It's such a crazy thing to feel, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in it. I wonder if it's from digestion or something else?

erigeron 09:37 AM 11-20-2011

Same thing with me. I took a pregnancy test to make sure, and I wasn't pregnant. Guess it's just one of those things.

cyclamen's Avatar cyclamen 04:48 PM 11-20-2011

I had that a lot after I had DD.  For me, it turned out to be digestive - I'm gluten intolerant, and the "flutters" went away after I dealt with that.

Up