my water broke and still no baby!!!!!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-26-2011, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my water broke at midnight on thanks giving night and still no baby....aaaahhhhhh i'm already tierd of being in the hospital away from my family i'm 32 weeks and till no baby.... why is it taking so long what can i o to make active labor start!!!!!!!! please help any ideas

#2 of 10 Old 11-26-2011, 04:16 PM

You need to seek medical assistance immediately.  Your life and your child's are both in jeopardy.

It seems very odd that you are a new member with this post, but if you are truly in the situation as you described, good luck and please do get to a medical professional right away.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#3 of 10 Old 11-26-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caedenmomma View Post

You need to seek medical assistance immediately.  Your life and your child's are both in jeopardy.

It seems very odd that you are a new member with this post, but if you are truly in the situation as you described, good luck and please do get to a medical professional right away.

The person said she is in the hospital.

Melissa Wife To James & Mama to Christopher Michael- 6/03 ,Ella Cheyenne- 10/09 & Xander Ryan James- 9/10 :
#4 of 10 Old 11-26-2011, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

i'm already at the hospital have been since thursday!!!!

#5 of 10 Old 11-26-2011, 06:03 PM

At 32w, I'd be hoping that labor *didn't* start, honestly. Your bag of waters can reseal, so just keep absolutely everything out of your vagina (*no* cervical checks!), load yourself up on vitamin C (and presumably they already have you on antibiotics, in which case load up on probiotics too), and stay in bed. Any chance they'll send you home on bedrest? That's what I'd be aiming for, myself. Every day, every week your baby stays in makes it more likely that his/her lungs, heart, gut, latch, will be more prepared for life on the outside. Are they giving you steroids?

So: personally, I'd try to get out of hospital ASAP, stay horizontal as much as humanly possible, and try to avoid getting labor started. Hang in there! I know how emotionally exhausting this can be.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#6 of 10 Old 11-26-2011, 07:41 PM

There is a ton of important development that happens in those last few weeks in the womb.  32 weeks is seriously premature, not something you should be hoping for.   http://www.marchofdimes.com/baby/premature_indepth.html

As stressful as it has to be, to be stuck in the hospital trying to keep the baby in, he or she has a much better chance of long-term health with every week in a healthy womb environment rather than in the NICU.  In certain situations, the NICU may be the better choice, but if your body is doing it's job and you don't have health issues, baby is better off inside for a few more weeks.

#7 of 10 Old 11-27-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post

At 32w, I'd be hoping that labor *didn't* start, honestly. Your bag of waters can reseal, so just keep absolutely everything out of your vagina (*no* cervical checks!), load yourself up on vitamin C (and presumably they already have you on antibiotics, in which case load up on probiotics too), and stay in bed. Any chance they'll send you home on bedrest? That's what I'd be aiming for, myself. Every day, every week your baby stays in makes it more likely that his/her lungs, heart, gut, latch, will be more prepared for life on the outside. Are they giving you steroids?
So: personally, I'd try to get out of hospital ASAP, stay horizontal as much as humanly possible, and try to avoid getting labor started. Hang in there! I know how emotionally exhausting this can be.

very good advice! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#8 of 10 Old 11-27-2011, 11:30 AM

Whoops, sorry...I responded too quickly and obviously hadn't caught that she was in the hospital.

Casey, good luck to both you and your baby.  I am glad you are getting care and hope that you are well today.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#9 of 10 Old 12-02-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post

This^

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

#10 of 10 Old 12-02-2011, 02:34 PM

I had a 32 weeker.  He spent 6 weeks in the NICU.  Trust me when I tell you that you DON'T want the baby to come now, even if you are uncomfortable.  Being away from family is nothing compared to leaving the hospital without your baby and having to sign in and wear a visitor's badge to see your own child day after day, week after week.

Please take bedrest seriously and follow your care providers' instructions, for your baby's best interests.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page