I am 34 1/2 weeks pregnant with my third child and have been having BH every so often, but nothing major. Then Saturday I woke up with pretty strong BH that lasted pretty much all day. Yesterday same thing but then close to bedtime they switched from just being in the top of my tummy with no pain (just shortness of breath) to my lower tummy with sharp vaginal pains. I was like "woooo baby, not yet!" and had dh rub my lower back while I soaked in the tub and drank like a gallon of water. :LOL
They went back to normal BH feeling and I went to bed and then other than having to get up to potty every 2 hours or so
: I slept in today until close to 2p.m. Now there is no BH or anything, back to normal. My baby is still moving around great.
So this is what I wonder, since I have been getting around 4-5 hours of sleep a day (the potty thing and I have a hard time getting back to sleep after waking up) could I have just been really tired?
It seems really strange to talk about, but when I was in the water it just "felt" like my baby was wanting to come out and I kept rubbing my belly telling him all the reasons he needed to wait just a few weeks longer. I read that and it sounds like I am a freak, but that is just the way it was. I had an u/s at 33 weeks (was measuring small) and at that time he weighed 4 and 1/2 pounds about half the size of my other 2 babies. I am horrified at the thoughts of going early, my other 2 births were very medical and we have a wonderful natural, low intervention birth planned this time around and if I go premature that dream will be smashed, and it scares me to death to think of all the things that could go wrong with my baby boy if he went this early.
Is there something more I could be doing? I have been resting as much as possible (not sleeping, but just kinda lounging around) and drinking plently of water, is there something more I dont know about? Should I call my CNM, or wont she just say, well come on in and so on and so forth. I had opted to not have any vaginal examinations until I was in full labor, but now I wonder if maybe I should go ahead and get one the next appointment, this Thursday, what do you all think????
Thanks for any input.