Postpartum corset recommendations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2011, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I suffer from chronic severe postpartum hernias- I'm tiny, 5'1, normally 95 pounds and during pregnancy I carry big babies. Pregnant with my 3rd. The hernia is so bad this time around (35 weeks pregnant) that I really need to take this more seriously after the baby is born.

I looked up "postpartum corset" on Google to see what was available and was surprised to find so many options out there! It's overwhelming. My midwife had a recommendation- I don't remember the brand name but will ask her next time I see her. 

In the meantime, do you have any recommendations? The reviews online are conflicting but there are some helpful ones, too...

Thanks in advance!!

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 07:28 PM

I am wearing a corset for abdominal separation, not for hernias, but hopefully this will be helpful anyway! I got the Better Binder corset (ordered from amazon.com), and I really like it. It's not too bulky and not at all uncomfortable, so I feel just fine wearing it all day.  Hope that helps!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:39 PM

I used a Belly Bandit last time, Im not sure if that is the type of thing you are looking for. I found it to be really comfortable and made me feel supported.

http://bellybandit.com/Default.aspx

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List