Visualization to Encourage Labor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and in a nasty tight spot where I really, really cannot afford to go post-dates with this pregnancy, since we're moving cross-country and starting training for a new job a month after I'm due. (I know, it sucks, but absent an act of congress I have absolutely no control over the timing) I'm trying to focus on natural and calm ways to connect with my baby and gently encourage him to chose a safely early birth date, somewhere 38 or 39 weeks-ish.

I'm about to start a series of pregnancy-focused acupuncture and massage treatments, initially focusing on just getting prepared for the birth, and will shift focus to 'encouraging labor' from 38ish weeks on. I'll also probably start taking evening primrose oil soonish, which helped with my first two. I'd really like to add a visualization component to all of this, to sort of facillitate talking with the baby and tie everything together, but I'm having a hard time coming up with a practice or an image that I can latch on to while I do it. Any ideas or advice?

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Are you 100% sure about your dates? Just asking, because it would be pretty dangerous to do if you werent smile.gif

What about nipple stimulation and sex? Are those options for you?

As far as a visualization, I wonder if you could make a computer file or a posterboard or something with images of your previous babies as newborns and also photos of babies crowning. Thats my plan in case I go over smile.gif

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 AM

Hypnobabies has a hypnosis script on CD called "Baby Come Out"  that you can buy.  You can find it here: http://www.hypnobabies.com/store/shop.php?pid=8&sid=4&cid=4&start=0  Good luck!

Me & DH 38 y/o with 5 y/o & 2 y/o boys.

Labor & Delivery nurse and Hypnobabies instructor.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:53 AM

There are some great birth visualizations in various child birth books. One of my favorites is in The Doula Book, appendix B, the part about imagining birth. You can probably find the book at the library. It's great to use later in pregnancy to connect w your baby and as you get closer to delivery the visualization progresses. Prenatal yoga can be a great way to connect and prepare for birth, too. You can also use a lot of what you learn during labor! smile.gif

Me (31), Him (31) & cat.gifwelcomed beautiful Baby Lu dust.gif09/03/2012! Let the adventures begin! joy.gif  

winner.jpg cd.gif

Old 01-12-2012, 11:56 AM

There are some great birth visualizations in various child birth books. One of my favorites is in The Doula Book, appendix B, the part about imagining birth. You can probably find the book at the library. It's great to use later in pregnancy to connect w your baby and as you get closer to delivery the visualization progresses. Prenatal yoga can be a great way to connect and prepare for birth, too. You can also use a lot of what you learn during labor! smile.gif

Me (31), Him (31) & cat.gifwelcomed beautiful Baby Lu dust.gif09/03/2012! Let the adventures begin! joy.gif  

winner.jpg cd.gif

Old 01-12-2012, 11:56 AM

winner.jpg cd.gif

Old 01-14-2012, 10:28 AM

Location: Northern New Jersey office/telephone wellness sessions

Visualization can be a positive and empowering experience.  Pregnant clients have benefitted from stating their intention to their babies and asking for assistance with the highest and healthiest outcome of the intention, and then visualize how they would like the birth to progress with a healthy date in mind.

Take good care,

Nicole

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List