Looking for a family who will let me photograph their birth experience - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-10-2012, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(Admins if there is a better place for me to post this, will you let me know?)

I put up an offer to photograph a birth on my blog, but none of my readers have contacted me. Below is the text, please let me know if you would be interested! I do have an example I can show you via email if you'd like to see the birth I photographed in the past.

---------------------------------

One of my 101 in 1001 is to photograph a birth. If you are in the Chicago area (it would need to take me less than 90 minutes to get to you from Hyde Park so I don't miss it), and giving birth in a birth center or at home between now and May, I will photograph your birth for free, and give you a DVD of the watermark-free images afterward. I'd also be happy to do one during the month of July while I'm living in Utah.

Why a birth center or at home? Because for this project that's the type of birth I'd like to focus on. For this particular instance I'd like to focus on alternatives to the American norm (if you happen to transfer to the hospital of course I will follow you throughout!) Think of it like a photographer seeking out a red-headed model for a particular concept shoot they have in mind. I've photographed one other birth, which was in a hospital, ended up being a c-section and loved taking part in that. Eventually I'd love to expand into making birth photography a small part of Jenna Cole, and this free offer is the beginning of that.

My birth images from Kelli Nicole are so meaningful to me and I want to provide that for other families as well.

If you fit this description, please email me, or pass it on to a friend if you think they'd be interested. If I don't hear from anyone I plan to contact some local midwives to see if they have a client who would be interested.

Tags
Pregnancy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page