Details on Giving Birth at the Farm - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-19-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

We are planning to have our second child at the Farm in early May.

I have a bunch of questions and would love to hear about anyone's personal experiences.

We currently live in New York but are making our way to California and will be having our baby on the way in Tennessee.

My questions are being answered by Stacie, my midwife there, but I would appreciate other perspectives/experiences:

How did you find your accommodations at the Farm? How soon before your EDD did you arrive, and how long did you stay post partum?

How was your newborn care handled?

What were the things you found important to bring with you? What do you wish you had brought?

Were there any unanticipated costs associated with the birth? I am planning on the midwife fee $4500, cabin rental $1200/month, newborn care, food expense...

What was your experience like overall? Is there anything you feel could have made you more prepared? What things did you worry about that you realized were unnecessary concerns?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Love,

Nancy

#2 of 6 Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 PM

I m in NY too and that would be my dream birth

#3 of 6 Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 PM

Hi Nancy,

I'm also interested in birthing at the farm. Did you end up there? Any thoughts\advice?

Many thanks.

#4 of 6 Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 PM

I'm interested too, I would consider that a dream birth :) Any updates?

#5 of 6 Old 10-24-2012, 06:08 PM

I am also really interested in having my baby there. I seems that you must have already had your baby. Did you end up having it at the Farm? 4500 is more than I have heard, was that for a normal delivery or Breech?

#6 of 6 Old 10-25-2012, 04:41 PM

Ladies:

So awesome to see that births on The Farm are alive and well.  A friend gave me the book "Spiritual Midwifery" in 1980 before the birth of my second child. It has never stopped being a tremendous influence on me. It changed how I gave birth and I have passed it along to physicians, L&D nurses, family members and friends. I am now a certified Birth and Postpartum Doula and studying lay midwifery (even though I am a nurse). I use the book as a reference guide and to encourage baby mommas as I practice.

If you aren't able to birth on the Farm, I suggest you read Ina Mae's books. I am also going this weekend to see the film "Birth Story"..you may also want to check it out. You can "like" this on Facebook if you have access to it. Very inspirational and timeless.

May you be blessed with the best birth has to offer!

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page