Super short perineum Yikes!!! C-section?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 02-07-2012, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm just boggling at the thought of a foot long incision for a c section. Mine is 5 inches, maybe 6... And hidden just fine, and An almost 10# baby was delivered through it.

Mom of 7, ages 13, 12, 9, 7, 5, 4, and 2.5!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To AP toddler mama-

I gave birth last year and had a fourth degree tear as a result of having a short perineum. It took 8 weeks to recover. A fourth degree tear is not a simple vaginal tear- mine went through my anal sphincter and to my rectum. Several months after recovery, I began having problems. I ended up having a sphincteroplasty which is when they cut you back open and repair the anal sphincter and in my case my rectum and a group of vaginal muscles. I'm now 6 weeks post op and still having problems. I cannot pick up my child, carry groceries, or run the vacuum. My OBGYN and my uro gyno surgeon have each told me in the future I can only have c sections and that the c section recovery will be a breeze compared to a fourth degree tear alone! I will take a scar on my belly (and I have LOTS of friends who have went through that) than the past 12 months of incontinence, pain, unable to work, and needing help with my child while my husband works. I would never minimize the impact of a c section as you should not minimize how serious a tear can be. You should be proud of those scars! I know I'm proud of mine (even though its not visible to everyone) bc it gave me the greatest gift of my life. Your ignorance is evident and you should not make such outrageous statements.

If anyone is concerned about the length of their perineum and tearing during childbirth I urge you to explore options of c sections. I am not into home birthing etc. But be open to a c section and just stay informed!

Good luck!
#33 of 34 Old 07-09-2013, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

well this is from a mom that did have bad tearing i had what they call as fourth degree at in sex places due to my son being breech and i also have a short perineum so it was not fun it took me way over six weeks to heal right but thank god after it all heal i was fine

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#34 of 34 Old 07-09-2013, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page