Hypnoss self study program on CD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-13-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone tell me which of the hypnosis programs for childbirth are on CD only, no books? Which program do you think is worth the price?

Baby on the hip, boob in the mouth, seat to the rear, sleeping next to mama! Loving every day as a SAHM to my only, B.W.A.H born 4.1.08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't know if there's a program out there that's only on cd, but I used Hypnobabies Home Study and it was definitely worth the money. I had a lovely natural VBAC at the hospital, I'm planning to use it again for my home birth in August. I love it so much I'm doing the training in April to be a Hypnobabies instructor!

The home study kit contains a main book that you go through one lesson at a time, it takes maybe 30 min a week to read that week's section, for five weeks I think (don't have it in front of me) meanwhile there are six cds of hypnosis tracks, the book tells you which one(s) to listen to for that week, you always listen to a cd once a day while laying down and relaxing, it takes 30-40 minutes depending on the track. The book also gives instructions for practicing using your mental light switch after you listen to the cd that sets that up, this quick practice a few times a day without the cd is key to really being able to use the hypnosis in labor.

I found that using HB gave me confidence at the end of my pregnancy when talking to my doctor, friends, etc about birth. I practiced my techniques whenever I got Braxton-Hicks just for fun. With HB you use a mental lightswitch, when it's "on", that's just your normal awareness, when it's "off" you are fully relaxed, in every muscle (you must be laying down or fully supported) and you automatically feel very comfortable in your birthing muscles, when your light switch is in "center", you retain that comfort, but you can walk and talk, etc. Many women hang out in center in between contractions, then switch off when they feel one coming. I also stayed very comfortable in center during contractions. You can listen to the cds or not during labor, whatever you feel like.

So for the getting your money's worth part of the question, Hypnobabies is my answer. You can do home study or take the six-week class. It does have some reading though, I had a doula client who used just the audio tracks and not the books and did not really establish the light switch or get the comfort benefits, she still experienced quite a bit of pain with her labor. I recommend doing the full program. I'm curious, why are you looking for just cds?

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List