Getting Your Body Back.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2012, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had two births and my youngest is 15 months.  I am almost at what I consider to be my "normal weight" and I feel very healthy.  But I have what feels like a "kangaroo pouch" in my stomach.  It isn't large.  But it is there.  Any ideas on how best to tone my belly?  Sit-ups always strain my neck....so I'm looking for an alternative.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 03:27 PM

My tummy is super stretchy, probably because I am so thin and had two big babies. I do a couple of different exercises that are finally starting to work for me. I mix them up. 

I do these: http://tanjadjelevic.com/blog/2012/01/10/reluctantly-healthy-with-judy-greer-3/

and these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimPOSXe7n4

My tummy is actually getting tighter as I do these every day. 

Old 02-24-2012, 01:42 PM

I took a class on the Tupler Technique and it really does work.  You have to splint your tummy in with a streachy wrap and do exercises every day, but it works.  I've already lost 4" off my waist, which is quite a bit for me since I'm a pretty petite woman.

Check on-line and see if there is a class near you.  I think it was worth every penny.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:03 AM

I'm pregnant with my fourth have that kangaroo pouch...I can't suspect it will get any better with this one, lol.  I'll definitely be looking for a Tupler class.  I've already bought her book but was unsure about how to use the splint and do the exercises.  I think I should have bought the DVD instead.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List