chronic hypertension & natural births - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-14-2004, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I have chronic hypertension and I would love to hear from any women that have had good pregnancies inspite of the pre-existing hypertension ie: those that did not develop pre-eclampsia. I am also wondering how many of you were able to have natural childbirth.
At this point, I am only hoping to hear about positive, success stories since my worries are intense and I need some inspiration and hope.
Thanks,
Sandy
#2 of 4 Old 04-14-2004, 10:53 PM

Not me, but I do have a friend who has moderate chronic hypertension.

She took medication during her pg (I'm sorry but I can't remember exactly which one) and her blood pressure remained stable.

She went into labor at 41 weeks and had a vaginal birth, albeit with an epidural.

Good luck to you!

lisa

~lisa~mama to 3 boys (1/02, 5/04, 12/06)
#3 of 4 Old 04-15-2004, 02:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
In my apprenticeship, we had a client who twice had chronic hypertension, controlled with meds. The first time we attended her, she went off her meds and her bp was like 160/120 in labor, so we transported. The second time she had a waterbirth (WATER IS SO GREAT FOR HYPERTENSION!!!) and it was beautiful.

I do know that epidurals lower your bp, so sometimes there is a push to get one.
#4 of 4 Old 04-18-2004, 01:48 AM

I had borderline high bp last pregnancy. it is still high, so my doc says it chronichyperttension, and wasnt just pregnancy related.
he kept a closer eye on me, and ran a few more blood tests, but otherwise I didnt have any complications.
I had a beautiful waterbirth with no problems at all during labor.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page