whats this mean - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-01-2012, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

im 9 months pregnant and am due in 2 weeks im having a boy but the past couple of days i have had major sharp pains in my vagina it feels like someone took steel toe boots and kicked me in the box and when i stand up the pain is so intense...plus i have found that the baby is moving way way way more than normal it hurts alot....confused.gif

#2 of 5 Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 AM

Do you know if you are dilated at all?  Any other pain around the back?  Could be sign of oncoming labor.

#3 of 5 Old 04-02-2012, 07:59 PM

It sounds like the baby might be punching or kicking your cervix.

silversparrow likes this.

obstruct livery vehicles

#4 of 5 Old 04-02-2012, 10:08 PM

Yeah, my baby liked to keep his hand up by his face and sometimes it would cause sharp pains like that. It can also happen if they are just wiggling their little heads and getting low. As much as it hurts, just think that it might be starting to open and thin your cervix a little and every bit of work your body does before, is less work to do in labour!

So just try to balance your activity with some walking and stretching (gentle yoga maybe?) and then warm baths and resting with your feet up.

Or just rest, if you don't feel like moving.

I would only worry about pain if you had symptoms of a bladder infection, (especially burning with urination, since frequency and urgency are pretty much guaranteed at this point in your pregnancy), if the pain was constant and/ or you had bleeding, or if your baby wasn't moving as much as usual. If those things happen contact your dr or midwife right away.

Otherwise, just worry about doing whatever keeps you comfortable, and practice relaxation for labour!

#5 of 5 Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 PM

This happens to me also. My midwife said it's head-on-pelvis grinding contact, which explains the stabbing pain. She calls them "zingers," and I told her that sounded more polite that "internal icepick to the vagina," which is what it FEELS like. 

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page