How did you know... ready for another. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There is a overwhelming energy that is all around me saying that I am to have another.  Friends, family, my husband, my son and most recently myself (is it because of spring?). 

I live in an area where homebirth is not an option unless I decide to go UC.  Tackle that at another time :)

I am interested in thoughts from mamas that only wanted 1 then decided to go for it and have another. 

'09   
#2 of 8 Old 05-03-2012, 11:47 AM

I just recently caught the baby bug myself again!  We always intended to have more (we have two already) so my situation is slightly different, but I simply can't wait to get pregnant again even though my last pregnancy was horrific.

I am a strong believer that you know deep inside what you want.  Trust your intuition, but don't let anyone else talk you into it.  Two kids is a lot more work than one, but nothing in the world beats seeing your two children enjoying themselves laughing together.

Good luck with your decision :-)

Mandy

www.indisposablemama.com

#3 of 8 Old 05-03-2012, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.  I agree on the intuition.  My gut and my heart say yes, my fears say no.  Just wanted to get these thoughts out there...

'09   
#4 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwillow View Post

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.  I agree on the intuition.  My gut and my heart say yes, my fears say no.  Just wanted to get these thoughts out there...

Honey what are your fears? hug2.gif

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

#5 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

That I am not smart enough.

Background...  gosh... as I am typing I do not feel that I can just type this out to the world... meaning the internet. 

'09   
#6 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:

My gut and my heart say yes, my fears say no. 

Will you regret it if you don't try for another one?

Pro rights (vaxes).
#7 of 8 Old 05-05-2012, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Will you regret it if you don't try for another one?

More than likely.  I fear not providing enough financially.  We always seem to have all our needs met but it would be nice to have a cushion.  Our first pregnancy/birth was really quite fantastic and I wonder if the second would follow suit.  My hope is that it would. 

When I say "not smart enough" I mean or should have said... I was in a horrible MVA 3 years ago that has really messed with my memory.

'09   
#8 of 8 Old 05-05-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:

More than likely.  I fear not providing enough financially.  We always seem to have all our needs met but it would be nice to have a cushion.  Our first pregnancy/birth was really quite fantastic and I wonder if the second would follow suit.  My hope is that it would.

We decided to have our fourth because that's what we had always talked about and decided we wanted.  It was a big step to stop protecting so that I would just *end up* pregnant whenever it happened, and I (though we had been not protecting) was stunned when it happened.  I was in your shoes; I was ready for that last one, I wanted to have the last one soon so they would be close enough in age, and I wanted to complete this chapter - pregnancy always extends that "baby" phase and I'm ready to move on I think.  But I was terrified because it's been a rough road for us financially.  I *knew* in my head that the wiser thing to do would be to close the door and walk away, "So I can provide better for my older kids," but I knew I'd always wonder what would have been if we had taken the plunge for what we always talked about. 

I still wonder if it was wise, but he's on his way now so nothing but positive looking forward.  I know we're done now, though, because the truth is that each child really does change the financial game.  Not so much in the early years when we breastfeed, cloth diaper, I stay home (so no daycare), and make our own baby food.  But as they get older, they have started to want to do swim lessons, and soccer, and baseball, and go to museums and other fun things, but the truth is, it gets more difficult when the cost is multiplied by 3 or 4.  So I have to say no more than I want to because we're a one income family just getting by.  greensad.gif

If you feel in heart you'll regret it, I'd deeply consider having one more.  As hard as the money situation is, looking back that won't matter to me.  If we can keep meeting ends and everyone is provided for, then we're doing good.  I know we're done now, and that I won't have any regrets.  Best wishes as you journey through your decision!

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page