An update for anyone who might be interested. I had an ultrasound today at 38w3d. The tech thinks he is 14 lbs right now. Not at term, now. I know about the inaccuracy, but even if you factor that in, that's just bad news all around. I see my doctor again next Monday and I'm praying that either I'm favorable for some kind of induction process, or I go on my own before then. Otherwise I've agreed to a scheduled c-section next Tuesday. If I'm having a section, I need my doctor to do it, not whoever is on call that day, and I am not willing to wait past that time because he is only going to keep growing.
Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz and Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz
I'm so sorry you are not getting the VBAC you've dreamed of. You did everything right and sometimes these things are just beyond our control. Natural birth isn't always a great experience either. I separated my pubic bone giving birth to my first, a 9#4oz girl. I couldn't get out of bed for 3 weeks and couldn't walk without a walker for 6 weeks. It's rough sometimes, but you have a beautiful baby coming and that is something to be excited about! I don't mean to make light of your mourning right now, but there is a light at the end and maybe putting some energy into what you want your baby moon to be like might help. I wish you lots of luck!
To the original question, I wouldn't scheduale a CS for any weight estimate but I can totally see why you would want one. I would rather give it a go, even at 42 weeks I'd prefer to be induced in some way (ideally, after a pedicure and some TTC with DH, just to get myself all relaxed). There is no such thing as an easy birth, just remember that. Come back and give us an update when you can!
Slightly crunchy mama of three, one cs, one ubac, one vbac. Planning a vbac in October. Bookworms anonymous member.