Spam me with birth plans, please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2012, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am going to start working on my birth plan and am hoping for lots of examples to help me. Can you please post your own or others birth plans or good websites that help the process?

Some things specific to me:

• di/di twins
  • Advanced Maternal Age-I will be 36 at delivery so I technically am AMA and the Dr's bring it up often
  • GBS+ and will be receiving Abx at hospital during labor BUT would like to refuse most IV fluids and have a Hep-Lock when not getting Abx
  • want/need to be able to move around alot to help with labor pain.

Any birth plans including these things would be great, but would like like to see plans that don't address them too.

Thanks so much 

Pamstillheart.gif Cliffguitar.gif Malachi 5/08 bouncy.gif   Judah 5/10 jog.gif  Eden 8/12 babygirl.gif Asher 8/12 babyboy.gif

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~CS Lewis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 10:25 PM

I hope you'll get lots of good examples!  I just wanted to wish you well as I was also considered "high risk" (gestational diabetes in my case) and thus had to put up with some stuff I didn't really want (like being hooked up to an IV the whole time, blood sugar checks/insulin/blahblahblah).

I am afraid my birth plan was "I want a healthy baby, and I'd like to come out healthy too, but meanwhile if we could limit interventions it would be great" but in retrospect that was the perfect plan for me.  The doctor (who I'd never met before as mine was out of town--such great timing when my water broke!) seemed to take it as evidence of my reasonableness, and deferred to my wishes when she had to make judgement calls about an intervention (Pitocin).   It worked out well in the end and I got my healthy baby! :)

Best wishes to you & good luck with the birth!

Mom to the wacky and wonderful Kalyani (August 2011) femalesling.GIF

Old 06-15-2012, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choose2Reuse View Post

I am afraid my birth plan was "I want a healthy baby, and I'd like to come out healthy too, but meanwhile if we could limit interventions it would be great" but in retrospect that was the perfect plan for me.  

Best wishes to you & good luck with the birth!

Thanks! That is basically what I want too. I would like to be specific about somethings, mobility (walking and moving is how I manage the pain), Hep-lock and especially WRT the babies. Since there is a slight chance they might have to go to different places (ie one to NICU, one to room) I want to be VERY clear about our choices for them.

As far as the Dr., I am being seen at a clinic so basically I will see what ever Dr is working on the L&D floor when we go in. I'm glad to hear you had such a positive expereince with your unknown Dr. Our plan is to go in and make friends with the nurse, develop a little bit of a rapport, so that we can work together with her instead of walking in the door with a chip on our shoulder. And I really want to reflect that in our birth plan. 

Pamstillheart.gif Cliffguitar.gif Malachi 5/08 bouncy.gif   Judah 5/10 jog.gif  Eden 8/12 babygirl.gif Asher 8/12 babyboy.gif

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~CS Lewis

Old 06-17-2012, 09:29 PM

I think that sounds like a great approach!   Hehehe, my doctor also was part of a clinic, but they were ALL out of town that night. :)

Best wishes to you again!!

Mom to the wacky and wonderful Kalyani (August 2011) femalesling.GIF

User Tag List