Internal Tear Hurting 8+ Weeks Later? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-15-2012, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can anyone who tore internally comment on how long it took them to heal/not hurt?

I gave birth almost two months ago and had internal tearing that took 25 minutes to stitch. It hurt like crazy, mostly in one spot near the vaginal opening where she "stitched me up." I couldn't sit for a week, but gradually things got better.

At my six week checkup the midwife said I was healing well, but when I mentioned that I still had a bit of pain at that site, she took another look and saw it wasn't completely healed and said that if I was still having pain in two weeks, to give her a call and she would consider using silver nitrate on it. Not eager to have my ladyparts cauterized, I tried to take it easy, loaded up on healing vitamins, and even pulled the sitz bath out a couple of times. But it hasn't gotten better at all. It actually feels worse than around 4-5 weeks (I had bleeding after the cervical check at that appointment and it's been more painful since).

I usually wake up feeling fine but by the end of the day it feels like there is pressure from above that is making it hurt. It's especially bad if I stand--I've actually never been able to walk around with my daughter for more than a couple of minutes because of the extra pressure!

The last two days have been particularly painful and to make matters worse, my midwife's office is having some huge computer problem so I have been waiting 3 days to get an appointment scheduled. I'm getting more and more anxious to get this looked at--both worried about infection and because I get keloid scars and am suddenly worried maybe it's aggressive scar tissue (it feels...tough where it definitely wasn't before).

I have heard so many people say it took their tears much longer to heal than they thought, but usually that's followed up by "It finally stopped hurting at 6 weeks/8 weeks" and here I am at almost 9 feeling like I have a looong road ahead still.

#2 of 3 Old 06-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

I don;t have any experience to offer and this is the forum for advice on this topic. But if you don;t get the feedback you're looking for try posting the Health and Healing. Someone may have some info to share over there. :)

#3 of 3 Old 06-17-2012, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Shmoo2, I don't have personal experience, but your tear should at least be feeling progressively better, not worse. That feeling of pressure from above strikes me as odd and makes me wonder if your bladder is prolapsed. This really is worth going to an OBGYN to get checked out for.

At home amongst the redwoods treehugger.gif with my husband and my son, born 7/5/11 familybed1.gif  Instant CNM, just add caffix.gif !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page