amniotic fluid - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-30-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i went to the hospital just over a week ago when i was 29 weeks along for an ultrasound and the tech said that my fluid levels were at 54% but thats all she said she diddent tell me if that was good or bad, or what was a normal amount. does anyone happen to know if 54% is good or bad?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I don't know.  I do know that u/s can be inaccurate when it comes to baby size and the amount of fluid.  Hopefully someone will see this with a bump and have more information.

Have you called your doctor/midwife about the u/s results to see what they said?

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 07-01-2012, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

She likely meant the 54th percentile, meaning very close to middle of the road.  Anything between 5th and 95th percentile is considered normal.  Anything higher is polyhydramnios and lower is oligohydramnios.  Ultrasound is not perfect, but it is a useful tool to tell care providers to take a closer look at the overall health of the pregnancy.

Mom to three beautiful children.

User Tag List