Placenta Encapsulation Question..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello hello!!!! I have a quick question for those of you who encapsulate placentas. I have done quite a few, but I've had a few issues with this one. I prepared it according to TCM techniques (steam then dehydrate in oven). I dehydrated it at 170 degrees for approx 5 hours. I was so tired (doing it at night while my kids slept) at this point, I put the dried placenta directly from the oven into a sealed container in the fridge. I notice that some condensation is on the inside of the container that the dried placenta is in. I have not encapsulated it yet (well, I did 20 pills and gave them to the mom-a friend of mine, while I looked up this issue). Will the moisture in the container be a problem? What do I do? Do I put it in the oven again? I'm just concerned about bacteria etc. I have never had this happen before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you!!!!

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

So sorry your post was missed! shy.gif

Anyone have any advice?

User Tag List