looking for someone to interview for an article! -- hospital birth where they didn't respect your wishes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-03-2012, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone here might be willing to help me out with something. I'm a freelance writer and I'm working on an article idea about how to get your birth plan respected when it involves a lot of changes from normal hospital policy. Right now I'm just working on the article proposal, and I'm looking to interview someone whose birth was NOT respected by the hospital. So, I'm looking for a mama who wanted a natural birth but needed to be in a hospital with a pretty high intervention rate and ended up not having her wishes respected, despite having a detailed birth plan. If this is you and you'd be willing to be interviewed, please pm me! I'm hoping this article will be a good resource for moms in this situation, since not everybody is able to choose a location where her plan will be really supported, so hopefully your experience can be a good resource for others! 

Thanks! 

(Incidentally, in case you can't tell from my profile, I'm not just a random writer coming here looking for interviews...I've been an MDC member since 2007 and I asked the mod if it was ok to post this! :) )

Mama to DD, my 2/24/08 BIG KID formerly known as sling baby, and DS, my 12/23/11 train-loving, wall-climbing toddler! 
#2 of 3 Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

Bumping for attention. :)

#3 of 3 Old 08-19-2012, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OH! This is me! We were planning a birth center birth with DS (#2) but ended up being transferred to a hospital. You can message me and then we can chat over email.

K, wifey to M, PROUD SAH-mama to Catherine Grace
Had a dreamy VBAC waterbirth.jpg to handsome John Gabriel
Crazy about femalesling.GIF  cd.gif familybed2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page