Mothering Forum banner

looking for someone to interview for an article! -- hospital birth where they didn't respect your wishes

539 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  newbiemama09 
#1 ·
Hi all! I was wondering if anyone here might be willing to help me out with something. I'm a freelance writer and I'm working on an article idea about how to get your birth plan respected when it involves a lot of changes from normal hospital policy. Right now I'm just working on the article proposal, and I'm looking to interview someone whose birth was NOT respected by the hospital. So, I'm looking for a mama who wanted a natural birth but needed to be in a hospital with a pretty high intervention rate and ended up not having her wishes respected, despite having a detailed birth plan. If this is you and you'd be willing to be interviewed, please pm me! I'm hoping this article will be a good resource for moms in this situation, since not everybody is able to choose a location where her plan will be really supported, so hopefully your experience can be a good resource for others!

Thanks!

(Incidentally, in case you can't tell from my profile, I'm not just a random writer coming here looking for interviews...I've been an MDC member since 2007 and I asked the mod if it was ok to post this! :) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.