I was 8 days overdue when the doctor broke my water.All of a sudden my baby's heart rate dropped and i ended up with c section.Later i was told that my daughter had an episode where it seemed like my daughter had a seizure.So an ultrasound was done and they found brain swelling.After 10 days it was done again but the swelling did not go down.My baby seems to be normal but the doctor could not tell us why we had the swelling in the first place .But i was told that i should do another ultrasound in 2 weeks when she is 1 month.My question is should i be worried about the duration of swollen brain.Should i get a second opinion or anything that i can do reduce it sooner?
Hi Jasmine and welcome to Mothering. I'm so sorry your little one is facing such a problem.
I think your question is a very important one and likely not something anyone here can answer for you as we'd all be very concerned and feel anxious waiting for two weeks. Part of me thinks the doctor has to have some feeling of this not being a very serious concern; otherwise s/he would not tell you to come back in two weeks but would have your baby hospitalized for observation. However, you seem to have very little information from your doctor to go on. If it were me I'd want to know what I should watch for that would indicate the swelling is increasing, what symptoms would be important that I should get my baby to the ER to get checked. And yes, I'd probably get a second opinion from a neurologist.
I do hope everything is fine and the swelling is subsiding. Please update us when you know more.