Severe water retention after birth of first child. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-26-2012, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my baby boy on 25th may 2012 by emergency C-section because he was 2 weeks late, and ever since i have had severve water retention in my lower legs and feet and it is so bad that they hurt like made, i find it hard to wear shoes and i can not take my baby boy out for walks as the more that i do the bigger they get and more painfull they become, sometimes they are so bad i can't even bend at the ankles. I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago after waiting this long as i thought they would go down over time, but my doctor told me it was just fat, i was horrifed, he said that there was nothing i could do but lose weight. I went away in tears. I desided to go and seek a secound opinion from a female doctor who i think thought that it was fat too, but i told her that if you press into my skin it leaves an indentation and that is water retention. so she reluctently gave me a small course of water tablets. Please please can anyone tell me if these things work, and what other things can i try.

#2 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

hug.gif to you Mama. I'm bumping up your post for attention. bump.gif Anyone have experience or a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 08:02 PM

I had the same problem after my C-section in January. Get some Reflexology done! My MIL is a massage therapist/reflexologist and it worked wonders. I will warn you it HURT while she was doing it, I had to tell her a few times to go more gently, but it immediately helped *some* and after about a week and 3/4 sessions my ankles were back to normal. I did not take water tablets because if bf'ing.

Did the doctor check your blood pressure? I had very high pressure after my section (it was fine while I was pregnant) and that compounded it.

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

#4 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thankyou so much for your advice and tips, i had my blood pressure checked and it was fine and he also took bloods to check for anything else and they came back fine too, will try reflexolgy, i hope that works. xxxxx

#5 of 5 Old 10-03-2012, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Watermelon if you can find any. I've used it a couple of times and it helps.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page