Underweight mamas - Did you go full term? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey mamas,

This is my 3rd baby and I'm having a hard time gaining weight this time.  I have an IBD that contributes to this as well as one of the meds I'm on (which happens to suppress appetite).  I also have several dietary restrictions.  Didn't have any trouble with gaining in my other pregnancies because with the first I didn't have the disease yet and with the second I didn't have any symptoms and also wasn't on this current medication.

I eat whenever I'm hungry and whatever I can, no junk food (makes me sick).

I am 5'2" and started out at 92lbs.  I'm 22 weeks now and 100 lbs.

Fundal height is only measuring 16cm but I'm fairly positive about my ovulation date.

Baby is moving around lots and I found the heart beat with a (non-doppler) stethoscope+amplifier last week.

My main concern is the risk for underweight mamas and preterm labor.  I've got some supplies on hand to start taking preventatively at around 29 weeks as well as some things to help stop preterm labor if it starts.

Just really trying not to worry and wondering what others' experiences have been.

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
#2 of 2 Old 10-14-2012, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm bumping your post up. bump.gifAnyone have experience to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page