x-post: If you nursed through several pregnancies, and then did NOT nurse through one, was anything different? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-23-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

(I thought maybe this was a more appropriate place for this thread)

Aside from my 1st pregnancy where I obviously wasn't nursing, this is the first time I've been pregnant without a baby  (or two) on my boob.  This is pg #11 but I only have 3 children (though the m/c's weren't related to my nursing, and I nursed through my pregnancy with DD2 then tandem nursed through DS's. 

I am not nursing during this pregnancy, but not by choice.  My nursing relationship ended unnaturally with DS (and sort of with DD2, although she was pretty much done) after my emergency ectopic surgery.  I won't go into detail, I don't want to clog up this thread with still raw emotions!

But what I've been wondering...I've never had a subsequent pregnancy where I've not been nursing.  Or birth, obviously, for that matter.  For any of you who've nursed during several pregnancies and then NOT nursed during a later one, was anything different?  Particularly at the end? 

I've never gone into labor on my own (even my homebirths were castor oil babies...but that's not up for discussion ;) ), and never before my accurate dates (which is okay, but is a story in it's own), but I am always a good 5cm BEFORE labor even begins.  Actually, at least a week or two before, usually.  As well as very significant effacement.  My overall Bishop score is always quite high well before labor.  Obviously nipple stimulation in the form of nursing has never encouraged labor for me.  Can it ever work the opposite for some women?  I know, probably a silly question, but just curious...

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#2 of 2 Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Not really I don't think... I nursed a few months into my last pregnancy but nursling is on a really restricted diet and I couldn't keep up with it. I tend toward long pregnancies, which we always assumed were due to late ovulation in long cycles, but this time we had early ultrasound dating which I know isn't totally acurate but I still went to 41 weeks and ended up on pit when she failed her nst/bpp. I was at 2cm at that point. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page