Join Date: Feb 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan age8, Ava age 4 and baby Georgia (6/3/11).
|Originally posted by Dawnalex
Its hard living in a two story house...
When i was in one with my first i had a cooler upstairs with treats and stuff and drinks...
|Originally posted by TexasSuz
4) I did everything I was suppose to and still got infected. If I had it to do over I would make sure they gave me antibiotics during the section (in the IV).
|1) Bring a pillow with you. Their pillows will suck so while you're lying there waiting, it will make you comfy. Then, on the way home, you can hug it to your tummy when you go over bumps in the road. Later, you can hug it when you have to laugh or cough.
2) Ask for the anti-nausea medication in your IV. I always hurl during recovery, but this means I only hurl a couple of times (and "normal" people won't at all).
3) Bring your own maxi pads. They will give you pads, but they will be the grandma kind that require a belt! Bring pads you like and have a box at home--you'll need them, not just pantiliners. Don't be surprised to have heavy bleeding for a while, and spotting for a few days. I bled for 2 weeks and then got a light AF -- but the blood should turn brown after a while.
4) Ask if they want you to give yourself an enema the night before. They told me to pick up the basic $2.00 kind in the store and do it the night before -- that way I didn't have to poo the first day or two at home, which meant I didn't have to strain too hard, always a plus!
5) Don't be surprised to find they partially shaved you. It will look weird, but it happens...
6) Bring comfy socks!!!
7) Ask your DH to get the post-op instructions from your nurse/dr. You may be too out of it to remember everything (or anything).
8) Get the dr. to talk to your DH after the operation, or plan to call her in a day or two to find out what happened. I know my dr. talked to me right after, but I swear she was speaking a foreign language...
9) Lay in a stock of comfort food (pudding, mashed potatoes, chicken soup, just easy to digest and eat stuff) and entertainment (magazines, videos). Plan on lying around and vegging for at least two days.
10) However--it will help if you get up and walk some, as that will get that gas pain moving out. Just don't plan on doing anything strenous, not even laundry. Be good to yourself!
11) Ask DH to understand if you get weepy or weird--it takes a while for the anesthesia to get out of your system and it can make you emotional. Plus, you just went through major surgery, even if they did send you home right away!
12) Wear a loose dress to the surgery -- even sweats will be too tight around your tummy right afterwards. You'll be pretty bloated and tender for at least a week, maybe more.
|Originally posted by RacheePoo
don't forget to have someone take a picture in the OR once your baby is out...it's still a cute pic, even if it's a c/b!
Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)
|114 members and 14,701 guests|
|1babysmom , A Boy's Mama , agilesheltie , AmandaBrooke , americanjuly , apmomsocal , bananabee , BarefootBrooke , blissful_maia , bluefaery , bren94 , bubbagirl , catladymeow , Cheeky-One , chiefmir , chuord , Citymomx3 , clar5108 , Dakotacakes , daniellebluetoo , DarcySD , Deborah , defams , easydoesit , Emanresu , emmy526 , EMRguy , farmermomma , frugalmama , Gaoxing , gooseberry , GraceFull01 , greenemami , HappyClappy , healthy momma , heyxxmcfly , hillymum , Incubator , jelymead , Jessica765 , jojobean , juliebird , junipermuse , JustJenny , kathymuggle , keakiepie , kitchensqueen , kittywitty , Kushali , lalalovely , lana.theis , lilmissgiggles , LiLStar , littlebear3 , littleblackdress , llwr , LTurtle , mama24-7 , mamabear0314 , mamabear81 , mamaprovides , mariamadly , marilyn612 , MDoc , Milk8shake , Mirzam , missmason , MissMuffet , mnj77 , moominmamma , MulberryMom , mum4vr , MylittleTiger , NaturallyKait , oaksie68 , Piskito , Polliwog , poohmommy , primalmom , prosciencemum , quantumleap , rainydaywoman , Reyhan , RollerCoasterMama , rubelin , SandiMae , sarafl , sarahl918 , Serafina33 , shantimama , shoeg8rl , sidrajedi , siennaflower , sillysapling , SkylerLiz , sofreshsoclean , Soseraphina , starlein26 , SummerStorm22 , Tabitha Paul , TourmalineMama , TrishWSU , umma_gamma , zannster , ZurieFleur , zzzzzzane|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|