Positive hyponbirthing experiences? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2012, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello mamma's, 
I'm 25+ with #4 and am going to try hypno birthing this time after a horrid labour with my last LO.
Does it work?
 I was booked for a home birth last time but had to transfer to hospital after a haemorrhage (sp?) at home. 
I got to hospital at 4cm, was rushed into a delivery room with what seemed like half the hospital, was strapped to the monitors, Dr scanned me, couldn't fined where the blood was coming from, no probs with placenta, thank God, he broke my waters and found thick meconium. I started to really panic, thinking there was something wrong with baby and ended up with epidural which was a BIG mistake:(
After labouring for 12+hrs I couldn't push him out so was taken to theatre for forceps.  
I'm booked for another homebirth this time, but I'm starting to get worried about it all going wrong again:(
Any positive hypno stories out there?
Thanks, Terri x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone?

Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

forget it.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 AM

I'm sorry you haven't gotten any responses - and kind of surprised! I haven't used hypnobirthing personally but have had lots of clients use it and find it helpful. I think the main benefit is the fact that you practice getting into a relaxed state of mind regularly before labor, because trying to do it for the first time when dealing with contractions is not as easy. There are lots of different ways to practice mental relaxation, and hypnobbirthing or hypnobabies works for lots of people. Best of luck to you!

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:23 PM

I haven't been on the site in a while but used hypnobirthing with the birth of my first (I'm now pregnant with my second and will use it again). 

I swear by it. Practice lots and teach your body to get into that state of relaxation on cue and you'll be able to do that during labour as well. I can honestly say, with no exaggeration that with 9 hrs of induced labour(after a planned home birth :( ) and pitocin, I was in absolutely no pain with the use of hypnobirthing and using the shower. Feel free to message me if you want to chat about it more :)

Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 AM

I didn't have a good experience with HypnoBirthing, because it was impossible for me to use the relaxation and move around, so I had to switch to Hypnobabies for my other births.  My body likes me to move throughout my birthing, and especially during most of the birthing waves.  So the techniques in Hypnobabies were perfect for me, because there is a specific skill that is designed to keep you deeply in hypnosis while moving freely any time you want.  It worked beautifully for me!

I hope your new baby is doing well and your next birth goes very smoothly.

User Tag List