3 months later, still not quite healed up. Thoughts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-04-2013, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is gross and maybe tmi...

So, I had my baby on October 1, all natural water birth at home. She was full-on posterior, and my whole labor was about 2 hours. My midwife said, "Wow, you just blew that baby out of there!" I had a few superficial tears, but didn't require stitches. I feel mostly healed up, except that sometimes when I poop (if the stool is very hard), when I wipe, there is some blood. It's just a tiny bit--I don't find stains in my underwear or anything. After that happens, I feel some stinging when I pee for a few days, and then it goes away and I feel fine...until it happens again.

We haven't had sex since before the baby was born, mostly because I don't want to until I really feel healed from the birth.

This morning after it happened, I got down on the floor with a flashlight and a mirror (why did it take me this long to do it? I have a two-year-old and almost never get to go to the bathroom ALONE). My anus looked fine, but just outside of my vagina, on one side, there was an area that was sort of puffy and pink. It was right where I felt the stinging. I'm just not sure what to do about it, or what kind of injury it is, even, so I could google it. I'm thinking of doing some sitz baths, as I did for a couple of weeks after the birth, but wanted to see if anyone else had any advice.

Mama to Silas Anansi, born 9/9/10 and Petra Eadaion, born 10/1/12.

#2 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 08:32 AM

Get someone to have a look. I had my stitches heal a bit funny with new tissue sticking out a bit and it was an easy fix. Took probably 6-8 months for everything to feel right.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#3 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 04:26 PM

The bleeding could be hemorrhoids.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#4 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You should go to the GYN who can access everything.  Perhaps the tea was deeper than MW thought?

Sometime it it possible to have micro-tears that are easily healed with an estrogen cream.

It is possible you have an anal fissure as well. That can take months to heal with creams and diet.

#5 of 5 Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the thoughts. I probably should go see someone...would sure hate for *that* to be messed up forever! ;)

I would have thought that a hemmorhoid or fissure would be a lot more painful than this. This mostly doesn't hurt, really.

Mama to Silas Anansi, born 9/9/10 and Petra Eadaion, born 10/1/12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page