Hashi's/Hypo ladies....meds after birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is the first time I've been on thyroid meds during pregnancy (Armour, specifically).  I realize that it's going to be different for everyone (I'm probably a perfect example as I'm on such a low dose anyway, and we really only have to control my antibodies, not my TSH, etc), but I'm just curious as to what your experiences have been with having to change your dosage after birth.  Did you find yourself going hyper after baby was born and you were still on your pregnancy dosage?  If so, how long after birth did that happen for you?  What did you reduce your dosage to? 

Just wanting to see what it was like for others.  Thanks! :)

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#2 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 PM

I didn't. I found myself recovering quicker on the same dose and felt really, really awesome compared to the other pregnancies. My dose never went down but it didn't go up really either.  I know I was told that 4 weeks after birth, I needed to be rechecked.  And for the first 6 months or so they kept a really good check on it.

#3 of 3 Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks camprunner!  I def. plan on getting in around that point to have my levels checked...my FIL watches me clinically as well and we base a lot of it on how I feel, so I'm interested to see how much- if anything- changes, as I was only on the meds for about 4 months prior to this pregnancy anyway, so I have a lot to learn about how my body responds when not pregnant.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page