Miscarriage Resource - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Miscarriage.

I am adding it to my website and I need a lot of help with it. It is a huge deal and I want to do it right. I have actually been sitting on the project for over a year because I am nervous. I am sorry if this is being posted in the wrong area, but I didn't want to post this in the I'm Pregnant area. 

What I am looking for: 

Stories from women who have gone through it and have a story that they want to tell. I want to address the stigma surrounding it. This is a huge life experience and you should be able to talk about it. You should be able to tell your story. Woman after woman have told me that there is so little information available about what they can expect depending on where they are in their pregnancy when they lose their baby. This includes what they might see or feel. This also includes stories from women who were okay with the loss as well as women who weren't. It includes ectopic pregnancy and molar pregnancy. Also, the baby is gone, but women often don't realize that depression can be really normal. I would love to talk about what women might feel as well as the NEXT pregnancy. 

I want to make sure to address that there are things outside of normal (laboring for days, hemorrhage, missed abortion) that should be checked out by a medical professional. A D&C is often not needed, but idea's for when it makes sense to use would be a good thing to have as well. Women just want to KNOW. This isn't meant to be used a medical guide, but as a resource for women who just want to know what is normal, what might not be normal, and what other women and their families have gone through. 

Links that you found helpful. Resources (in the twin cities) or online. 

I am going to break it down to different weeks (ex: 4-6 weeks, 6-8 weeks up to 20) 

What do you wish you knew? What do you wish people had done for you? What was important and was overlooked? What helped? 

If you are able to help in any way, whether your story or a resource, comment or suggestion, please email it to me at sarah@geneabirth.com or you can IM me here. 

Thank you so much, 
Sarah 

The website is www.geneabirth.com if you want to see where it will be at.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#2 of 2 Old 05-11-2013, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Bumping!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page