Is this normal? I don't remember this from last time... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-18-2013, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is my 5th full term pregnancy. I'm 38 weeks. Baby is head down and I had an appointment today and everything looked fine. 

I had a chiropractor appointment today as well. After my adjustment, now every time the baby moves kicks or turns it feels like he's pushing right on my urethra. It's kind of a sharp pain and it hurts. It's not associated with BH contractions or anything but with movement. It makes me just want to squat or sit backwards on a chair...it's still uncomfortable that way but it does relieve it some. I don't necessarily feel that much "pressure" down low just the sharper pains when he moves. 

I don't remember this at all with any of my last full term pregnancies (my most recent one was 2 1/2 years ago). My last birth was a very quick homebirth (midwife missed it) and the baby didn't really engage until right before birth. And my other births were c/s. 

Thoughts? I feel like an idiot because I don't remember what it was like towards the end with my last one. Thanks for helping!

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#2 of 3 Old 03-19-2013, 02:35 AM

I believe the adjustments help Baby to get into optimal position. I am having them, too and am at the same stage as you. I was telling DH..."I know the chiropractic adjustments will make for a quicker birth, but oh! My bladder and cervix!" I do perceive some twinges with movement to be my cervix, but it could also be the sensation you describe.

I hope we both have quick, easy births! I am a VBAC mom, too. I was inspired reading your story. I had two home births, then a c/s. planning a routine HBAC.

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#3 of 3 Old 03-19-2013, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I just don't remember it from last time, although the discomfort is better today. I've had lots of "weird" stuff this pregnancy and I don't know how much of it is imagined because I have anxiety from the two losses we've had in the last year and half. I think I'm looking at everything with more scrutiny. 

I agree with the quick easy births! It's hard not to be anxious waiting for things to get going, but I'm so thankful to be here and am looking forward to it actually. 

I can't wait to hear how your birth goes! Blessings!!

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page