41 weeks and need some encouragement - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I'm a first time Mom and my EDD was 3/13/13 so I've gone over a week at this point. I'm fine with it and feel like it's a normal thing but people are really starting to discourage me that I'm ever going to have this baby. Words of encouragement or if you've "been there done that" would be helpful!

Thanks!

Mama in waiting

#2 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 06:14 AM

41.6 with my first smile.gif

Your baby will come when he or she is ready. you can't make a flower bloom, it does so in it's own time.

Stay strong and Enjoy this brief bit of time while you can, because soon it will all be different!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#3 of 5 Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 AM

Oh, what an exciting time! Nobody but you is living in this time of possibility and mystery. Enjoy it! Talk to your baby about how happy you are that soon you will meet him/her, and how happy you are, too, that s/he is safely nestled in your womb. Tell her how you trust her and your body to bring on the big change when the time is right, and tell her about all the things in the world you look forward to sharing with her. This is such a magical time, the only time in your life you will be on the cusp of having your first baby. Please enjoy it as much as you can! :)

1love4ever likes this.

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#4 of 5 Old 03-21-2013, 03:35 PM

You are doing great! A LOT of woman go over EDD. You are not alone! Go on a walk with your partner, eat your favorite meal, and try to relax! Do things you like to do, you won't have a lot of me time when the baby comes!

Happy mama to two homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg DD's
#5 of 5 Old 04-29-2013, 04:51 PM

I'm 41w today with my 2nd.  My first came on time and I am hearing (surely) all the same comments as you.  I am confident our babes will come in their own sweet time.  It is a pain to wait and wait, but it will be worth it and everything will change when they get here.  I'm trying to focus on enjoying my alone time with my first while I still can...that helps a lot :)

Stay true to yourself and trust your instincts!

Proud Mama to West - a delightful 3 yr old who loves to blowkiss.gif and  familybed1.gif.  Excited for a new little bean in late April 2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page