Mothering Forum banner

38 weeks plus! lost mucus plug and had my membranes swiped and still no baby!

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Andreann 
#1 ·
I am over 38 weeks prego and I lost my mucus plug almost a month ago! I started this past week and now for about 4 days I am getting mucus like discharge in my underwear and when I wipe! Also this pass Monday my doctor swiped my membranes and he said that it could be any day! This is my 4th pregnancy and I was wondering how much longer this baby was going to be before he gets here! Any advice would be great

Thanks So Much

#3 ·
Is there a reason you want this baby to come early? I have never even heard of a doctor doing a membrane sweep at 38 weeks.

Your mucus plug can regenerate so it's not always a sign of impending labor. Personally I think bloody show is a better sign that labor will come soon but not every woman gets it. Try to hang in there!

#7 ·
Why, oh why would someone wants to sweep the membrane of a non-risk healthy pregnancy (that I assume is your case?) at 38 weeks!

You know, the "due date" is at 40 weeks because most women give birth around that time, it's the middle... You can go up to 43 and it can still be totally normal!

Please let the baby in there and start "doing" something after you're 42 weeks.

....And I'd ask that doc the real reason why he/she sweep your membrane that early?? Is he/she going on vacation soon??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.