FTM with labor stall? TMI big time. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm already dilated to 3 and effaced a bunch as of Tuesday.  I had a big snotty brown mucus plug come out the night before and a little bit of pink streaked slime come out in the past hour.  For more than two hours today I was having contractions about a minute and thirty seconds apart, lasting a minute for more.  Some I didn't even know when they began or ended.  I decided to take a shower because when I relaxed my body all the way I would pee.  While relaxing I felt the baby go very low into my pelvis, and then the frequent contractions stopped.  Is this what they call a stall?  Should I be concerned?  And as I type, they are coming back, but not as frequent.

I'm 38 weeks and avoiding the hospital that I signed up to go to as long as possible because I don't think they'll honor my natural-inclined birth plan.  Any understanding of what's happening would be greatly appreciated!  I want to know as much about what's going on in my body as possible.

#2 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 05:39 PM

Sounds like normal early labor or even warm up labor. Try not to focus on it too much, could go on for days or even weeks, or things could heat up faster. You don't need to call anyone or tell anyone. Just carry on with life. It will probably be clear when it's time to give birth/go to the hospital.

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#3 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I agree--sounds like official labor hasn't even started yet.  Hang in there!

#4 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 06:34 PM

Just your body gearing up. Baby moving, waters intact, you're golden mama.
#5 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I agree with the PPs. All sounding very positive and definitely sounds like your body is doing all the right things to get ready but it could be hours to weeks yet. Relaxation activities are a great idea but if you feel like being more active I'm sure that would be fine too.

ETA - I wouldn't call this a stalled labour because from what you described you haven't been in labour yet, just lots of labour preparation.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page