Perineal re-education: what do you do ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-02-2013, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello ladies,

Here, in France, we have what's called perineal re-education. It's almost mandatory for every new mum and paid for by the state.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here's a funny article about it: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/family/2012/02/postnatal_care_in_france_vagina_exercises_and_video_games.html

Now, I am not going through this. No way.

I've had enough exams down there already, and I haven't even given birth yet... faint.gif

So, what is it that you non-french ladies do after birth to get your perineum and vagina back in shape ?

Thanks in advance !

#2 of 6 Old 07-02-2013, 10:52 AM

I wish we had that. Seriously. You may feel differently PP, because without someone professional taking it seriously it's next to impossible to prioritize your lady bits. 

What do I do? Next to nothing. When we do have sex I think about kegels but they're on my "to-do" list...never. 

#3 of 6 Old 07-03-2013, 02:22 AM - Thread Starter

I know what you mean. It's supposed to work quite well. I'm not questioning that. I just don't like to be bossed around, especially when lady parts are involved.

Looks like women everywhere are doing just fine without it so....

#4 of 6 Old 07-03-2013, 04:21 AM

Honestly, I never felt that I needed anything like that. My vagina and perineum are the same now as they were before kids.
merenwen likes this.

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!
#5 of 6 Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merenwen View Post

I know what you mean. It's supposed to work quite well. I'm not questioning that. I just don't like to be bossed around, especially when lady parts are involved.
Looks like women everywhere are doing just fine without it so....

haha I hear that - I didn't curse during labor, I told everyone I was sick of them telling me what to do!!

Well, for all its neglect, my pp vagina hasn't turned into a gaping chasm...but I still wish I had French personal parts trainers :P
#6 of 6 Old 07-03-2013, 04:29 PM

i have always been fascinated by PP perineal re-education, but never have gotten around to it.

the more research i do, the more it seems that stretching and general health and flexibility have a LOT more to do w/ perineal strength than just kegels.

i have had 5 kids, and no pelvic floor problems (hubby said that everyone warned him my body wouldn't recover, but it always has) and haven't done anything but stretch and make general fitness a priority.  the ability to touch your toes is supposed to be a sign of how flexible and strong your pelvic floor muscles are.  if you can touch your toes, you should be able to keep fit in your lady parts, if you cannot, you are prone to prolapsing.  i might be totally wrong, but that is what i learned through https://sexybacksummit.com/order/

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page