Post birth vaginas! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-29-2013, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone

I wonder whether anyone would like to share some very personal info about the appearance and feel of their vaginas post birth.

I had my second child six months ago and am struggling to accept my new normal!! I can't say I was overly familiar with my bits before, so am unsure of the extent of any changes.....

I have seen a gynaecologist twice to alleviate fears of a prolapse and apparently I'm normal, but I wanted to ask opinions too as I'm still worried!!

When I look at my vagina with a mirror (not one of my favourite activities!) and part the lips, I can see pink tissue which is attached to the back wall. I'm sure it sticks out more/is more visible than previously! When I examine myself, the tissue is really quite squishy, I think it used to be firmer. When I need the loo the squishy tissue firms up - this was one of my main concerns - but apparently this is also normal.

I have spent so much time obsessing over my lady bits that I am no longer sure whether I have an uncomfortable sensation when walking, or whether I imagine it!!

I did have a really thorough examination at my last gynae appointment.....I just can't stop worrying that something is wrong though.

Anyone that would be kind enough to share their experience of a post childbirth vagina would be greatly appreciated!

Xx
#2 of 5 Old 08-29-2013, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Things can change down there both inside and outside over time, with pregnancy and with birth. If it's bothering you, then that's no good at all and should be dealt with. But otherwise if it's just different then it may take some time to get used to.

No one person's look the same either. They are all different like fingerprints :) So as long as your gyn says it's all normal then I'd have to say it's probably normal :) 

Welcome to MDC!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25********35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#3 of 5 Old 08-29-2013, 07:45 PM

I think I know what you mean about the uncomfortable sensation walking. I felt for a while like there was just pressure or something heavy in my vagina when I was walking or standing. Is that what you feel? I have to admit I Googled prolapses too (it's hard to know what is going on down there when everything is so different!) but I think it was just my pelvic floor that needed to recover from birth and get itself back into shape. After a while I only felt it when standing for extended periods and then it went away (not sure when exactly... sorry).

Things didn't look or feel the same either, I had a tear in my perineum and also one in my labia (that one was extra annoying while it healed) so there were stitches, and then bumps, as things were healing. I'm not sure about the squishy tissue you are referring to, maybe someone else can help there.

#4 of 5 Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies smile.gif

I suppose it's worth noting that I can only see the "squishy bit" when I look with a mirror when standing up......I realised last night that this is something I have never, ever done before so I wouldn't know what my bits should look like when standing.

I need to try and take my focus away and see if things improve. I spend so much time thinking about it and wondering whether I can feel anything that I think I'm a bit hypersensitive in that area now!!
X
#5 of 5 Old 08-29-2013, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

......Ola - I wouldn't say the sensation was a heavy sensation or pressure, it feels more like I need to adjust myself if you know what I mean.
X

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page