Marginal Placenta Previa - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-16-2014, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I have the above, diagnosed at 18 week ultrasound, "marginal placenta previa with a posterior placenta".  I know that there is a good liklihood that it will migrate up, which is what I'm hoping for, of course.  Anyone else have this?  And specifically, if you did have this condition, did any of you have issues with a retained placenta after the birth of your baby?  I'm slightly worried about some scar tissue that I MAY have (not from C-section/D&C-but another small procedure that I had YEARS ago-like 15 years ago,  to remove a uterine polyp).  I've read that the placenta can "grab onto" that scar tissue and make it less likely that the placenta will move and then increase the risk of a retained placenta.  Thanks in advance ladies!

Sierra, wife to DH , Mama to DD (2012) and DS(2014). In love with my family and hoping for inner .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I had complete placenta previa and it moved completely out of the way by 28 weeks and I had a normal birth with no placenta issues. I heard that 90% of the time it does move out of the way. I do not know how that works with existing scar tissue. I hope yours moves out of the way and you have a happy, smooth birthing experience.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

User Tag List